Blessing in Creation!

Blessing in Creation!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Countdown Day 2: Self Promotion is hard work

I totally understand that as a writer, you have to self-promote to gain an audience for your writing and be successful. But it is hard to self-promote. It is not an issue of knowing I can write well and that I have a story to tell, but more of humility versus bragging. To toot my own horn seems like bragging. But yet to not toot my horn and expect someone else to toot it for me when I am an unknown is a little like thinking I am more important than I am.
I had visions of being the humble pseudonym that helped the world. I realize now though, that as a writer, you can't help the world if the world doesn't read your work, and the world won't read your work if they don't know you.
What are your impressions of writer’s self-promotion tactics and motives?

No comments:

Post a Comment