Blessing in Creation!

Blessing in Creation!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tribute to Mom


"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove.....
but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Attributed to Francis Whitworth.

I thought this a fitting quote for Mother's Day. Mother's are immensely important in the lives of their children and often other children as well. Mom's are there to hold you, scold you, protect you, love you, worry about you, and are usually your biggest fans. At the end of a mom's life, it is not how good she cooked or how clean the house was that matters, but how much she loved you that fills your memories.

My mother is one of those special mom's. She was raised in foster care and later became of of the most dedicated moms, foster parents, and grandmas. She taught me much about forgiveness and selflessness. My mom taught me to reach out to others, to love people, and to extend my circle to encompass others. My beautiful mother turned 75 last December and I wrote her the following tribute:

MOM
♥Seventy five years ago today, God made a miracle. He molded and shaped this miracle into a precious being - a mother. This gentle, kind mother full of God's love and grace then inspired others. Without her tender, forgiving heart, the world would have been a sadder place. But with this mother's loving, adoring, caring, dedicated, and loyal spirit, the world is brighter and happier. And those inspired by this amazing, strong woman full of God's grace are richer because of her. I thank God for giving me this wonderful woman to teach me how to truly care unselfishly for others. I am blessed to call you Mom.

♥Happy Birthday Mom♥
Love Laura
December 7, 2010
Happy Mother's Day Mom
May 8, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment