Blessing in Creation!

Blessing in Creation!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Countdown Day 3: Learning to Handle Critique

I am used to having my writing critiqued, especially after writing a 120 page thesis that was edited line by line by 3 professors for months! But that was a while ago. Now I am writing again and I just finished an article for the local newspaper. My friend said she would look it over for me. Great - or maybe not? My first reaction was panic. What if she didn't like it? What if she suggested I change it? I liked it. I thought it was good just the way it was. Wait, calm down - she will only make it better. Yes. And it was true - she gave me good, solid, sensible feedback that I could understand and agree with. My husband also found a few typos and grammatical errors. Don't want any of those! I quickly recovered from my initial panic and reassured myself that constructive critique is extremely valuable. I look forward to more feedback. I want my work to be readable and quality and the more eyes, the better.

How about you? Do you cringe at the thought of your work being critiqued or embrace it?

No comments:

Post a Comment