Blessing in Creation!

Blessing in Creation!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

Today is Thursday. The weekend is coming! Like so many others, I tend to want to delay gratification for the weekend. I look in the fridge to figure out what to make for dinner,but spend more time deciding what I don't want to make until the weekend. Burgers, steak, pizza are all favorites around here but something in my subconscious tells me they taste better on Friday night before popcorn and a movie, or on a sunny Saturday afternoon with the smell of the barbecue. So dinner on Thursday usually ends up being something simple or simply leftovers.

This wait for the weekend mentality often crosses over to other areas of life too. I decide to hold off on picking up something needed if it is something I can pick up on Saturday night while in the vicinity of my favorite coffee shop or restaurant. Yes the price of gas lends to this thought process too, as I consolidate trips into one.

If I do stop at the grocery store on Thursdays, I usually pause by Starbuck's, but then decide to wait and share that expensive mocha with my hubby on a weekend outing. I truly am more apt to order a Starbuck's coffee on Monday or Tuesday than Thursday.

Am I alone in this thrifty Thursday undertaking? Or do you also wait that one extra day when pizza and popcorn taste so much better?

No comments:

Post a Comment